In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global clinical nutrition market report.
The clinical nutrition market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8.96% during the period 2020−2026.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- APAC dominates the clinical nutrition market and accounts for 44.69% of the global share. The revenue in this region is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.36% during the forecast period.
- North America is the second-largest market for clinical nutrition, with a market share of 26.72% and is expected to generate an incremental revenue of USD 7.73 billion.
- The APAC region is one of the fastest-growing regions in the global market, with a forecasted CAGR of 10.36%.
- The growing health awareness among consumers remains one of the key factors driving the growth of the oral clinical nutrition market. This trend is expected to continue over the next decade. It is estimated that the oral clinical nutrition market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.32% to reach USD 53.24 billion during the forecast period.
- The powder clinical nutrition market is expected to generate additional revenue of USD 19.03 billion in the forecast period with a growing CAGR of 8.74%.
- Infant & Toddler segment covers clinical nutrition supplements provided to children anywhere from birth to 3 years. It is one of the fastest growing segments, growing at a CAGR of 10.28% during the forecast period.
- Globally, 46.43% of the market revenue for the clinical nutrition market is contributed by patients suffering from malnutrition.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020−2026
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by route of administration, age group, product type, application, distributional channels, end-users, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors and 18 other vendors
Clinical Nutrition Market – Segmentation
- Focusing on health and wellness, aging well, and disease prevention by consumers, healthcare providers are demanding preventive clinical nutrition products and are experiencing rapid growth. Vendors are offering the product in dessert, yogurt, soup, and savory-style and as powders to grab customers’ attention.
- Global brands such as Abbott, Nestle, Nutricia, and Fresenius Kabi offer parenteral, enteral, and oral nutrition products for infants. The percentage of infants suffering from lactose intolerance is incredibly high and accounts for 71% of the population. The market has also been experiencing high demand owing to the heavy ad campaigns.
- Latin America and APAC are expected to witness high traction for semi-solid powder products in the industry. Most standard clinical nutrition products are powder-based as they offer 100% micro and macronutrient requirements. Players are observing the highest level of adoption of clinical nutrition in physical stores such as supermarkets, hypermarkets, and other e-commerce websites due to the flexibility offered in packaging techniques.
Clinical Nutrition Market by Route of Administration
Clinical Nutrition Market by Age Group
- Infant & Toddler
- Child & Teenager
Clinical Nutrition Market by Product Type
Clinical Nutrition Market by Application
- Metabolic Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
Clinical Nutrition Market by Distributional Channels
- Institutional Sales
- Pharmacy & Drugstores
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Online Channels
- Specialty Stores
Clinical Nutrition Market by End-Users
Clinical Nutrition Market – Dynamics
Whey protein is rapidly becoming a popular ingredient in clinical applications, owing to the presence of all essential amino acids as well as several other bioactive constituents that can support treatment regimens for a number of common conditions, including sarcopenia, obesity, malnutrition, and post-illness recovery. Thus, with such high potential, the global demand for whey protein in clinical nutrition is growing rapidly and is expected to reach $1.5 billion by 2023. Whey protein can provide nutritional supplements to patients under various conditions including including aging and muscle atrophy. In clinical settings, whey protein can outperform other commonly administered supplements, due to its high leucine content, which can help in muscle synthesis even in the absence of physical activity. Thus, it’s highly useful in the recovery processes of post-operative patients. With the rising aging population, the number of people aged over 65 is projected to increase from 727 million in 2020 to more than 1.5 billion in 2050, according to the UN. Thus, nutrition plays a highly important role.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Growing Popularity of Home-Based Healthcare
- Growing Demand for Parenteral Nutrition
- High Incidence of Malnutrition Among Hospitalized Patients
- Higher Nutritional Requirement Among the Geriatric Population
Clinical Nutrition Market – Geography
APAC accounted for the largest market share of the global clinical nutrition market, with a 44.69% market share in 2020. It is expected to witness the fastest growth with a CAGR of 10.36% during the forecast period. The major factors contributing to the growth of the clinical nutrition market in APAC include an increased prevalence of metabolic disorders, a rise in the geriatric population, and rising expenditure on healthcare. Providing access to healthcare, including long-term care, is another key challenge in aging societies. Non-communicable diseases typically increase in aging societies. The geriatric population shows an increased incidence of diseases that require clinical nutrition. Furthermore, the increasing burden of diseases and the growing number of people suffering from diabetes and cancer is also expected to positively drive market growth over the forecast period.
Clinical Nutrition Market by Geography
- South Korea
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- B. Braun
- Nestle Health Science
Other Prominent Vendors:
- Ajinomoto Cambrooke
- American Regent
- Avadel Pharmaceutical
- BASF SE
- Exela Pharma Science
- Fresenius Kabi
- ICU Medical
- Mead Johnson & Company
- Meiji Holdings Company
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company
- Perrigo Company
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical
- Stepen Company
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Mail: [email protected]
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707